Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Gloves Are Coming OFF!

As many of you may have noticed, this blog has been silent for a while. The calls died down for me, life got busy, and fighting overseas pharmacy telemarketers dropped on my priority list.

I do check the statistics, and despite my lack of posting, many people are finding the blog. I want to remind everyone of the good work being done over at http://whocalled.us in creating what I think is the most useful log of incoming call numbers out there. (Note: I am in no way affiliated with them and am not sure of what they think of my efforts).

BUT, it is time to ratchet things up again. My previous idea of creating an army of auto-dial zombies, using VMWare (which creates numerous virtual machines within a machine) is now officially resurrected. All I need to do is assemble the various operating systems, and I can have ten autodial machines dialing them non-stop.

On the news front, there doesn't seem to be much action. Cell phone carriers still ignore us, so for now, the battle is back on. I will be posting with more frequency in the coming days.

For now, check out this experiment. You can't hear it well, but in the future I'm going to try to get the choicest moments from my calls and post the audio. I was conferencing them all together and annoying the crap out of them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is friggin' AWESOME!!! Finally a little revenge! Thank you Thank You THANK YOU! You are my hero.

Anonymous said...

Great job! That was funny! You could sell CDs of stuff like that! I'd buy one!

Here's something I was thinking about...

How about contacting these scum via their web sites and by calling them up (using *67 to protect your phone number) and giving them the phone number of several Senators and members of Congress? Once the offices of a few prominent members of Congress and high-level Senators start getting these non-stop calls, they may finally get off their asses and do something about these illegal bastards!

I'm not advocating it, I'm just suggesting it as a thought experiment! What would happen?

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL LOL I'm in! I'm doing giving them the number of our State Atty General right now!! ROFL. Great thinking outside the box.

Anonymous said...

Any of the State's Attorney Generals are pretty much powerless in this issue. They deal with issues within their respective states. These phone scum are calling from outer nations. Only Senators and Congresspeople have the ability to create laws dealing with these overseas phone terrorists.

But at the very least, finally some Attorney Generals will learn that their "Do Not Call Lists" are impotent and do nothing.

Anonymous said...

I guess giving them the numbers of various offices such as the DEA or FBI might spur action against them too. Such offices might already be set up to trace incoming calls to pinpoint the location of these assholes. And I know from first hand experience that answering the phone, "Agent Johnson, DEA, this call is being recorded and traced, may I help you?" does absolutely NOTHING to stop them from calling over and over again. So even if they were calling real law enforcement agencies, they'd never stop...until (hopefully) caught!