Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Omaha Steaks Will Feel My Wrath

Well, apparently the folks at Omaha Steaks have decided to adopt the tactics of the pharmacy telemarketers. My girlfriend has been receiving calls from them, and despite asking to be taken off their list, they do nothing - and she keeps getting calls.

It's very strange - and troubling - to see a U.S. based, reputable company refuse to stop calling you. It is for that reason that I have decided to add them to my target list. They will feel my wrath next. For the next 48 hours straight, they will be locked into a three way conference with themselves.

Then, I will place my usual phone call... from the pay phone at the mall. It goes something like this...

"I need to speak to your manager. Mr. Manager? Yes, I'm the guy that's been tying up your phones non stop. So, here's the deal. To prove to you that I'm the one making the calls, they will stop. The next call you make to me, I will politely ask to be removed from your list. If you do not comply, you will feel the wrath of my dial bot army, and it will gum up your phone lines for days on end. What's that? No, I won't be giving you my specific phone number to be removed... that defeats the whole purpose. The purpose of my call is to make sure that ANYONE who asks to be removed is removed. This is your final warning. Ignore me at your own peril."

Maybe I should change the name of my blog, as this is my first non-pharmacy target. But, they've earned it. Good job, Omaha Steaks. Way to f*ck up your brand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hero! Count me in! I will gladly take 5 minutes out of my day for some revenge. If I were you, I'd set Omaha Steaks up with the pharmacy! Please put a link to those calls! I loved hearing them previously. I believe these pharmacy people have signed me up for Columbia House DVD clubs and anything else they can do without a credit card. I'm checking my accounts daily because I think SOMETHING has been compromised. That aside, promise to record them again with the link. That was too awesome!

Anonymous said...

oh my god you have made my day. please post how this was done so that we can all implement this.